Zebulun's Zeal War Strategy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Zebulun's Zeal War Strategy

We will plan out each war based on strengths of our current members.

3 posters

The Best Strategy

Admin
    Admin

The Best Strategy Empty The Best Strategy

Post by Admin Mon Mar 16, 2015 12:48 am

I have spent the last hour reading war strategy & not even the top players are in agreement to which is best.
    So, I believe we need to adopt our own attack strategy.

Here is what I am thinking from listening to several members.

We need to simply choose an opponent we feel "comfortable" attacking for the most stars. I like using hogs so I want to choose a base that lends itself to the attack. Now I must stay within 5 of my number. If my base ifs my match number, awesome but Imdo not feel at this time that it is the best strategy.
    BluePlexus

The Best Strategy Empty Re: The Best Strategy

Post by BluePlexus Mon Mar 16, 2015 1:27 pm

Some of my thoughts.

The primary goal of war is to win and that is done only through STARS. Primary benefit is LOOT for the individual and PERKS for the collective.

Offense:
    ---------

- Mirror match: easiest to follow for first attack, can often lead to David vs. Goliath mismatches that waste an attack. Forcing mirror match is detrimental to winning wars, though it's the easiest from logistics standpoint. Being able to prepare, scout and build troops specifically targeted for a base is beneficial.

- Offset Mirror: Attack a player X levels from your own (typically lower). This helps increase the likelyhood of 3 star 1st strikes and second attacks can be used for clean-up. Similar benefits of Mirror for preparation, predictability, troop buildup, etc.. with less likely of a higher mismatch. The problem is that it might force players to attack a TH lower which significantly affects loot (which matters for some, less for others).

- Flex target: Attack within 5 of your number… This gives some flexibility to adjust the adversary whether it’s a weaker or stronger one. Air attacks / hog attacks / GoWiPe / Baloonian / etc work better on some bases than others. Some people developed and upgraded specific troops for a particular attack at a higher level. Problem is that it can derail specifically targeted attacks from other player(s).

So each strategy have pros and cons. Perhaps we can combine them to build a strategy that satisfies the most players:

** First 8 hours: Either Mirror or Mirror Offset depending on the ‘strength’ of the adversary clan. Decided by leadership during first 8 hours of prep phase and communicated via clan mail which one it will be. Players are required to only attack their specific target for the first attack during this period. Second attack can only be used to clean-up a base that has already been attacked by the primary attacker. The 8 hours are to help people with time zones differences to get their attacks in. We could make it 12 hours if need be.

** Next 12-16 hours: Open season… To prefer players attack bases that will maximize the star count for that's what wins wars. Unattacked / 1 starred bases before 2 starred bases. Here if a player feels mismatched, he/she can use discretion to pick the target and mode of attack. Attacking lower is acceptable for the loot benefit is going to be much smaller at the lower levels. An acceptable tradeoff if you are working on a new attack or diversifying the attack with lower troops. Attacking a TH below will cut your loot in half while going 2 below will only give about a quarter of the loot of an attack at the same level.

You get the predictability of the Target specific attack (be it mirror/mirror offset), the flexibility of attack after 8 hours. I think something along these lines will satisfy the diverse set of players we have in this clan without forcing people to do one thing or another.

Defense:
    ----------
    Defense is as important as attacks so we should review the players bases and make recommendations. It’s just as important to stop the enemy from getting stars as it is for us to get them. Upgrading AD, Mortars, unprotected building placement, clan castle location, traps, etc can be improved in general, but may players are not paying attention to this.
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Admin Mon Mar 16, 2015 1:36 pm

Great thoughts Blue! I definitely think we can work together to build a strategy that works.

Are we saying that we make a strategy and use it 100 percent of the time?
    BluePlexus

Post by BluePlexus Mon Mar 16, 2015 2:52 pm

I think so. A consistent plan is easier to follow. The offset of the first attack allows us to adjust the first attack without having to change the plan altogether. People with too tough a base or alternative developing army composition can opt for the flex/clean-up after the first 8 hours have passed. After a war or two we will know whether it's working or not.
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Admin Mon Mar 16, 2015 4:06 pm

So we will definitely decide whether to do mirror or mirror-offset during prep day & everyone will know who to attack.
    So cleanup will only begin in bases that have been touched already, cleaning up 1 stars first.
    DMars

Post by DMars Wed Mar 18, 2015 10:38 am

Hey, fellow clanmates.

Very glad to have the forum. Old school though. Lol. Smile Smile Smile Smile
    More importantly, is for the members to know how to share the bases for each other to ensure others have stars to collect efficiently without wasting opportunity to attack.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 12, 2024 10:12 am